Re: [xml] Possible problem in xmlValidateQName

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 01:39:08PM +0530, Ashwin wrote:

   Hi,

   While testing xmlValidateQName if I pass :xsi:nspace as an input, I am
   getting a failure. However the spec states that:-

   ï                    Characters  ':' and '_' are allowed as name-start
   characters.

   So  considering  this  :xsi:nspace should be a valid qname? Or is this
   behaviour ok, because of name space considerations.

  yes for namespace consideration ':' has a special handling,
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#ns-qualnames

see also the second Note in
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-common-syn

Daniel