Re: [xml] libxml2 for IBM z/OS

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:52:57PM -0300, sean wykes nascent com br wrote:
How can we compile libxml2, under z/OS, for use by LE-based C/C++
programs, running under batch and CICS ?

I've seen some old posts (~2005) about this, but have not encountered
information on how this was done.

  I really don't know what kind of tools are available in that environment
but I guess you would need to extract the tarball, create a config file
(./vms/config.vms could be used as an example) since I doubt you can run
configure Unix shell commands, and assemble a script/batch compiling all
the modules you selected and building a linking archive out of them.
  Actually if you manage to make such script/config or provide cleaner
configure operation, provide them back, we can then add them to the existing
set. I don't think there is hardware related problems, libxml2 compiles
and works on s390 Linux without problems.

Daniel