[xml] xmlSchemaValidateDoc: return value -1 ?

Hello all,

I have a valid xsd and xml which i can validate with xmllint tool:
jsbach orgel:[~/cp_comModell/lib/xml] > xmllint --noout --schema processor.xsd enhanced_processor.xml
enhanced_processor.xml validates

Now if i use xmlSchemaValidateDoc(schema_valid_ptr, doc), it  delivers a -1 on validating.. Does this mean it
was successfull?  I've looked at the example of the implementor of the schemas in libxml, he doesn't use the
return value there at all..
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2005-January/msg00192.html

output from my prog:
jsbach orgel:[~/cp_comModell/src] > ./pscheme ../lib/xml/processor.xsd ../lib/xml/enhanced_processor.xml
schema validation return value: -1

Is -1 thought for successfull validation? Can you put a bit doc at least on what should be
expected for return values?