Re: [xml] Query regardin storing of encoding information

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: 03 April, 2008 17:31
To: Nagesh
Cc: xml gnome org; ranjit huawei com
Subject: Re: [xml] Query regardin storing of encoding information

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 10:49:20AM +0530, Nagesh wrote:
Hi All,
    While parsing the xml document, If the encoding is any of UTF-8 or
UTF-16, then the function, xmlParseEncodingDecl( ) stores in the
encoding
information in ctxt->encoding parameter, and if the encoding is
something
else other than UTF-8 or UTF-16, then it stores in ctxt->input-
encoding,
but ctxt->input->encoding is meant for the entities encoding.
    So I guess in this case, the function xmlParseEncodingDecl( )
should
populate ctxt->encoding rather than ctxt->input->encoding.
    Thanks in advance for the reply,

  I don't think it's proper as you can have encoding declarations in
parsed
entities, and you don't want the encoding of the entity to override
the
document main one.

Daniel, what in the case when the xml document being parsed is in a
different encoding (apart from UTF-8 and UTF-16) and the document does not
contain any internal or external subset, in this case,
ctxt->encoding is never set.
        Any thoughts?
Regards,
Nagesh.
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit
http://xmlsoft.org/