[xml] Problem with Bali: GZip

Has anyone experienced a problem with Bali during the execution of an application using a Validatelet through JARV trying when to validate

during
Schema.decompress(Schema.java:530)

I get the following exception being thrown:
at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init> (GZIPInputStream.java:68)

I am using a relax schema and have an xml instance that contains xsi:types within it. The types are defined in the schema. I have no problem using MSV trying to validate with this same relaxed schema. However MSV is too slow. I was hoping to use Bali for performance.

Can anyone help???
Thanks.