Re: [xml] Why doesn't xmlAddChild unlink the node first?

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 12:31:38PM +0200, Bertrand Fritsch wrote:
Hi,

I wonder why the xmlAddChild function doesn't unlink the node before adding it to the tree, whereas xmlAddNextSibling and xmlAddSibling functions do it? What is the rationale behind this? From a caller POV, the difference is compelling since the work to do to call these function is not the same in one case than in the other.

  No rationale, just diverging evolution. If you really care about
this I take patches, but that won't dispense you from doing that
xmlUnlinkNode() to avoid compatibility issues.

Thank you Daniel for your quick answer. For now I'll adapt my code to unlink the node before calling the xmlAddChild function.

Bertrand.