Re: [xml] XML for config files

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Jason Valenzuela wrote:
I'm writing a little app and XML seems to be a good choice to use for the configuration file syntax.

Please don't give the world any more XML config files ...

Sorry, I was being cranky there.

But, in my experience, XML config files are harder for sysadmins to edit than simple text files. I guess if they are only / mostly going to be edited by programs rather than people then they are OK.

Rich.