Re: [xml] xmllint: validation of XML files with XInclude-d documents maybe broken

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 06:05:39PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 20.02.2007, 17:43 +0100 schrieb Daniel Leidert:

[..]
xmllint --xinclude --noout --valid howto-mimedef.xml

Matthew Burgess told me to use the --postvalid switch instead, which
works. So I did not observe a bug, I just oversaw the right switch :).
Thanks to Matthew and sorry for the noise.

 You're on the edge of the XML processing model. Basically DTD validation
is defined as an extra operation at parsing time. Of course people
need it applied in different context, usually on a tree or an event flow,
hence the --postvalid switch, but it may occasionally work differently
than --valid. Should work in most cases though,

Daniel