[xml] Minor: What's `autark' when it's at home?

The documentation for xmlDOMWrapRemoveNode() states that it ensures `the
removed branch [is] autark wrt ns-references.'

The only hits for `autark' in Google are in this code, so normally I'd
suspect that a search-and-replace run has transformed something else
into autarky: but in this case it was added at the same time as the
function, in r3123 by Kasimier Buchcik.

Does anyone have a clue what `autark' actually means? (In context, I'd
expect `up to date' or `not obsolete' or perhaps `consistent'?)

--
`... in the sense that dragons logically follow evolution so they would
 be able to wield metal.' --- Kenneth Eng's colourless green ideas sleep