Re: [xml] how to clean up properly after SAX parsing

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 01:19:31PM +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:42:42 -0400
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:42:42 -0400
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

  3/ do NOT use SAX unless you REALLY need it, use the reader or
     the tree API.

Some of us REALLY NEED streaming, and REALLY NEED a push parser API.

That leaves a choice of ... SAX.

  If you have suggestions on extensions that could help integrate
the reader in such scenarii I'm definitely listening ! The reader
inside uses a push model, the question is how do you give back
control to the data gathering part. I think a callback on data
acquisition is less intrusive code wise, than putting the callbacks
on the data processing side. But doing the assembly proper and
devising a generic enough API is not trivial.

Daniel