Re: [xml] XML validation

Yan Seiner wrote:
I have an embedded system that uses XML extensively. Many of the XML files are modified and generated by other software. I am looking for a simple XML well-formedness checker, something I can point at an XML file and tell the user that s/he has a problem with file xyz.xml around line YYY or maybe element XXX.

Does any such thing exist? I've found RXP, but it doesn't use libxml.... I really don't want to introduce more stuff into my (already bloated) embedded box...

The obvious answer is xmllint (which needs a DTD). That makes me suspect that I am misinterpreting something and it's the wrong answer, but you get what you pay for. :-)

- Rush