From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of
Daniel Veillard
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:41 AM
To: Luigi Selmi
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] including and importing schemas

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 04:55:23PM +0100, Luigi Selmi wrote:
Hi All,
we are using libxml2 in order to validate our xml schemas. The xsd files
are organized as stated in the following:

  * RichiestaSAIA.xsd (targetNamespacePrefix: ap5) includes
ComAnagTypes.xsd and imports RichiestaAPR4.xsd
  * ComAnagTypes (targetNamespacePrefix: ap5) includes
RichiestaMacroTypes.xsd
  * RichiestaMacroTypes.xsd (targetNamespacePrefix: ap5) includes
BaseTypes.xsd
  * RichiestaAPR4.xsd (targetNamespacePrefix: apr4) imports BaseTypes.xsd

A picture of the schemas structure has been attached. The libxml2
validation function reports the following error:

/Warning: DOMDocument::schemaValidate(): Element
'{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}import': The schema document
'BaseTypes.xsd' cannot be imported, since it was already included or
redefined. /

All the other validation tools, W3C Schema validation service, XMLSpy,
XML-Beans, validate the schemas without reporting any error or warning.
Can anyone suggest an explanation for this problem ? Thanks in advance.

  That could be a bug ... or not. Use the latest release,

Daniel