[xml] including and importing schemas

Hi All,
we are using libxml2 in order to validate our xml schemas. The xsd files are organized as stated in the following:

* RichiestaSAIA.xsd (targetNamespacePrefix: ap5) includes ComAnagTypes.xsd and imports RichiestaAPR4.xsd * ComAnagTypes (targetNamespacePrefix: ap5) includes RichiestaMacroTypes.xsd * RichiestaMacroTypes.xsd (targetNamespacePrefix: ap5) includes BaseTypes.xsd
  * RichiestaAPR4.xsd (targetNamespacePrefix: apr4) imports BaseTypes.xsd

A picture of the schemas structure has been attached. The libxml2 validation function reports the following error:

/Warning: DOMDocument::schemaValidate(): Element '{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}import': The schema document 'BaseTypes.xsd' cannot be imported, since it was already included or redefined. /

All the other validation tools, W3C Schema validation service, XMLSpy, XML-Beans, validate the schemas without reporting any error or warning. Can anyone suggest an explanation for this problem ? Thanks in advance.

Luigi

GIF image