Re: [xml] Fwd: Determing element namespace prefix

Hi Rush. Thanks for the response.

I had tried xmlNode.properties->ns->prefix earlier, but it returns a valid prefix string even for elements/attributes whose names aren't explicitly qualified with a namespace prefix. I'd like to detect the difference between the following two element definitions:

<SomeTopLevelElement xmlns:SomePrefix="bla">
<MyElement> Some data </MyElement>
</SomeTopLevelElement>

VS

<SomeTopLevelElement xmlns:SomePrefix="bla">
<SomePrefix:MyElement> Some data </SomePrefix:MyElement>
</SomeTopLevelElement>

Thanks,
Aki

On 1/5/07, Rush Manbert <rush manbert com> wrote:
Akarsha Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had sent the message forwarded below to the list a few days ago. I am
> looking for a way to obtain namespace prefixes in element names.
>
> Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Aki

Hi Aki,

I think what you want is xmlNode.ns->prefix.

I access namespaces on attributes, and I get to them as
xmlNode.properties->ns->prefix.

My code checks that both the ns pointer and the ns->prefix pointer are
non-NULL before comparing the prefix string. I don't remember if that's
just paranoia or if I discovered cases where NS could be non-NULL while
ns->prefix was NULL.

- Rush