Re: [xml] =?iso-8859-1?q?=BFleak_using_libxml2_for_sax-parsing_html_i?= =?iso-8859-1?q?n_python=3F?=

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 05:21:47PM +0100, Cesar Ortiz wrote:
Hi,

Maybe the top is fooling me, but after 10 minutes of execution (the example
I attached with an infinite loop) it took half of the machine memory (2 Gbs
of a 4Gbs Linux Box), and later the process crashed due to a 'Memory Error'.

  there is probably a leak then

I am pretty sure libxml2 does not leak, but may be there is something wrong
with the python bindings, or may be I am forgetting something.

  As stated before you *must* run it to completion in a smaller
case and see what the libxml2 internal memory dump shows in the end.
Except that only actual low level debugging will allow to make any progress
I'm afraid.

Daniel