Re: [xml] [patch] make libxml2 slightly more thread-friendly

Rob Richards writes:
Ted Phelps wrote:
It should work fine so long as sizeof(LONG) == sizeof(void *), which I
think will be the case for any version of Visual Studio which doesn't
provide InterlockedCompareExchangePointer.  Your cast is wrong
-- you should be casting to a (LONG *) rather than a (void **) -- but
otherwise I think it's fine.

That really depends upon the SDK used. For VC6 all I have available is
the included SDK which casts to PVOID *, so I used void **.

Weird.  The VS8 header files somehow avoid indicating the parameter
types, so my only information comes from MSDN:

Cheers,
-Ted