[xml] PI Parse Error

Title: PI Parse Error
Experts,

I am trying to use xmlReadMemory to parse a document stored in a character array.

This is the error I get when attempting to parse:

test.xml:1: parser error : ParsePI: PI xm space expected
<?xm
    ^
test.xml:1: parser error : ParsePI: PI xm never end ...
<?xm
    ^
test.xml:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
<?xm
    ^
Document not parsed successfully.
XPath error : Invalid or inclomplete context
Error in xmlXPathEvalExpression

This is the contents I am trying to parse:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
<rpc-reply xmlns:junos="http://xml.juniper.net/junos/8.4B2/junos">
<pim-join-information xmlns="http://xml.juniper.net/junos/8.4B2/junos-routing">
<join-family>
<pim-instance>PIM.master</pim-instance>