Re: [xml] xml:lang iso639-2 / rfc3066 / rfc 1766 obsolete

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 07:41:34AM -0600, Cory Nelson wrote:
On Dec 12, 2007 1:18 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 04:42:13PM +0100, Friedbert Wekerle wrote:
Dear wizzards of libxml,

I'm missing the support of

(Old greek)

in libxml;

I'm using version libxml2-2.6.30;

For example, the the xerces-Parser accepts 3-letter language-Codes as valid ones.

I found, rfc 3066 obsoletes rfc 1766

Have I got a possibility of adding
other languagecodes as valid ones,
especially "grc" or removing the validation
against the builtin enumeration of languagecodes?
(without changing the data)

  you can define encoding aliases at the library level, yes

in general iconv has a fairly extensive list of encoding supported and
and even longuer set of aliases (assuming you have a recent system and
libraries), and on my Linux system there is around 20 names for greek
encodings and aliases.

He speaks of language codes (ie, en-US), not encodings.

  What is the problem in practice ?
As far as I can tell xml:lang values are not checked anymore and
do not impact processing, I don't understand then.

Red Hat Virtualization group
Daniel Veillard      | virtualization library