Re: [xml] Solaris gcc build issue

On 06 Dec 08:35, James H. McCullars wrote:
}Hi, I'm trying to build the latest version of libxml2 on a Solaris 9
}system (Solaris comes with libxml2 but I am building PHP 5 and it
}requires a later version than comes with Solaris).  I'm using gcc 3.1
}which we installed as a package from sunfreeware.com.  The problem is
}I'm getting relocation errors.  Using this configure command:
}
}       ./configure --with-zlib=/usr/local

I'm pretty sure there is a zlib in /usr in Solaris, so maybe try using that
one instead of the /usr/local one.

}/usr/local/lib/libz.a(inflate.o)

I think this should be using a shared library not a static one, which is
probably the cause of the relocation errors. zlib seems to have been built
only in static form in /usr/local/lib? Again, try /usr/lib instead, as this
will definitely have a libz.so as well. (Or if you have access, rebuilt zlib
with shared library support.)

Callum Gibson @ home