[xml] TextReader vis-a-vis SAX

Hi,

I am trying to understand the set of advantages that XmlTextReader offers in comparison to SAX and have

some queries regarding the same, they are as..

    1> Reader carries a doc pointer in its structure… _xmlTextReader

xmlDocPtr                doc;    /* when walking an existing doc */

In what all cases this document is created from the xml document being parsed? Is it only created if I invoke “xmlTextReaderExpand” ?

2> Is the document (tree) generated for schema validation (XML Schema) using reader? Can it be done on the stream also, like the one expected from API xmlSchemaValidateStream ?

3> To what extent entities supported in reader? Can I use external entities also along with reader?

    4> How is error reported incase of parsing failure using reader? Is is redirected using the error handlers registered (Generic and structured error handlers)?

Please let me know incase you need any clarification on the above mentioned queries.

Thanks in advance. !!

Regards,

Harbhanu