[xml] Using AM_PATH_XML2

Hi list,

I am developing a program which uses libxml2. In my configure.in I am using AM_PATH_XML2 to test if libxml2 is installed.

The problem is that when libxml2 is NOT istallled, this macro is not installed either, so I get an error when I run configure.

How can I avoid this problem?

- have I to copy the macro from the libxml2 distribution into my acinclude.m4 or configure.in? - have I got any means of detecting whether this macro is installed in the automake system or not?

Thanx