[xml] Entity reference Problem

Title: Entity reference Problem

Hi

I used SAX bacause with the 'normal' parser we had problems in relation to Performance. I read xml-files with 40000 to 100000 records on data. And this took hours with other parsers.

I called xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault(1) to my application at <startDocumentSAXCallBackFunc>. It crashes.

babak

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 03:29:36PM +0200, Shirazi Babak wrote:
>     doc = xmlSAXParseFileWithData(&sax, stpI->szFilename, 0, (void
> *)stpI);

> So
> How could I turn on
> "...entities substitution at the parser level."
> In this situation?

  Do *NOT* use SAX if you're not able to do minimal debugging and tweaking on your own. Why did you choose to use SAX ? I usually strongly suggest to newbies to not try to use it !

  You can try:
    - get the parser context and set ctxt->replaceEntities to 1
      this may require to use another API
    - http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault
      which is bad because it change the default globally for the library

Daniel

(       +43(1)60504-2029
&       +43(1)60504-3333
-