Re: [xml] XML conditional section not closed error could need some more info

Am Mittwoch, den 18.04.2007, 18:52 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:

I have some test cases to check DocBook DTDs. One for simplified DocBook
is:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC
"-//OASIS//DTD Simplified DocBook XML Customization V1.1//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/simple/1.1/sdocbook-custom.dtd";>

<article>
  <title>foo</title>
  <section>
    <title>bar</title>
    <para>foo</para>
  </section>
</article>

But when I try to validate it:

xmllint --debug --debugent --noout --nonet --valid test-custom-1.1.xml

I get an error:

file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/custom/simple/1.1/sdocbook-custom.dtd:452:
parser error : XML conditional section not closed

Of course, line 452 is the last line in the DTD, so it's not very useful
to know, that something has not been closed. Is it possible to add some
info, where the conditional section was opened? Or am I wrong here,
asking for this?

I got some response from the DocBook guys, that said, that it might be a
bug in xmllint. The DTD can also be found online:
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/simple/1.1/sdocbook-custom.dtd

Can you help Daniel? I checked some DTD validation tools and they say,
the DTD is valid. Also libxml2 2.6.27 seems to validate the file
correctly. But 2.6.28 prints the mentioned warning. I checked the DTD,
but didn't find any issues. Bug or not a bug? Shall I open a bug-report
at the BTS?

Regards, Daniel