Re: [xml] R6017 error with libxml2 on windows

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Mercier [mailto:mmercier gmail com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 4:47 PM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: [xml] R6017 error with libxml2 on windows

Hello,

I am using the pre-built libxml2 library for windows available at
http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html

When using the xmllint application (xmllint --schema < myschema.xsd>
<myfile.xml>), I am getting the following error:

runtime error R6017
- unexpected multithread lock error

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this error?

Note:
myfile.xml is very large (> 250MB)
When watching in WIndows Task Manager, the xmllint process grows to above
2GB of memory
I am unable to provide the related schema or xml data.

Any thoughts?

I admit I have never used xmllint, but looking at the options:
Have you tried
--stream
    Use streaming API - useful when used in combination with --relaxng or
--valid options for validation of files that are too large to be held in
memory.
?

best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Martin Trappel