Re: [xml] patch: xmlIO: refactor catalog handling in entity loaders

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 03:49:13PM +1000, Michael Day wrote:
Hi,

The attached patch factors out the catalog resolution from
xmlDefaultExternalEntityLoader and xmlNoNetExternalEntityLoader and
places it in a separate function: xmlResolveResourceFromCatalog.

This eliminates code duplication, as both entity loader functions had
identical catalog resolution code. It also makes it easier for people
who are writing their own entity loader to use the existing catalog
mechanism by calling the function.

One issue with the patch: in the original xmlIO.c, the default entity
loader will only call the no-net entity loader within an #ifdef
LIBXML_CATALOG_ENABLED, which seems wrong to me, as I would have thought
that the decision to use the no-net entity loader was independent of
whether catalogs were enabled or not. In my patch I have taken this call
outside of the #ifdef; is this correct?

  This all seems to make sense, yes. Applied and commited !

   thanks you!

Daniel