Re: [xml] libxml2 on zos.

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:10:20PM -0700, Wendell Nichols wrote:
Thankyou gentlemen for you're interesting ideas.
What I've done today is:

*     recompiled the libxml2 code with preparser option CONV(UTF-8) to
keep the embedded constants as ascii/utf-8 chars.

  okay,

*     Because this breaks the IO code (file open mode strings like
"rb" no longer ebcdic), I frontended the samples with some code to read

  Well if you have specific zos patches for those parts that can be isolated
cleanly (for exemple with #ifdef ZOS or another symbol) then submit them
so we can keep an unified code.

the xml documents into a char buffer.  (I didn't experiment with not
using the conv option on the io files because mixing the encodings would
have gotten confusing...
*     Then I parsed a utf-8 encoded document successfully!

I copied the group so that this info would be available to the community
at large.

  Thanks, but a patch correcting the problem directly at the code level
would be more convenient if someone else ever decide to run libxml2 in
your environment.

Daniel