Re: [xml] '' question

Marchese Stefano wrote:
... hi all,

just a question about the '' character.

My application parses some xml files using the xmlParseFile() API.
This API gives an error if the file has the following content:
<content>Asl&#x10;URP</content>

What I have to do to parse files like that?

The XML standard defines a character as

 Char ::= #x9 | #xA | #xD |
          [#x20-#xD7FF] | [#xE000-#xFFFD] | [#x10000-#x10FFFF]

(http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#charsets)

As such the entity corresponding to codepoint 0x10 is not a valid
character according to the XML standard, and a conforming parser will
not allow it in a document.

So it seems the content is binary, in which case it should either be
encoded in some way (base64 for example), or not be in XML at all (XML
is not a binary transport).