[xml] Passing XML chunks to streaming XPath API

Hi,

I would like to use streaming XPath API (Reader+Pattern) on XML chunks.
Could you please let me know if it is possible?

For example, consider the XML

<foo>
   <bar>This is a really long string: 123456789012345678901234567890
   </bar>
</foo>

The chunks could be

Chunk 1:
<foo>
   <bar>This is a really long string: 1234567890

Chunk 2:
12345678901234567890</bar>
</foo>

Can I use the Reader API and Pattern API on these chunks? I believe
currently all the APIs expect entire XML to be given in one go. In
streaming xpath mode this entire xml stream(?) is processed as a stream
without building DOM internally. Please let me know if my understanding
is correct.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
Ravi.