Re: [xml] xmlChar * to char *

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 12:03:18PM +0000, Chris Peto wrote:
It is amazing how someone can be so rude and still be helpful.
The encoding link helped.

I will ignore your idiotic comments and say thanks.

   "character in xsd was °.  By parsing I get, even after cast, c2b0"

code point on one side, string encoded in UTF-8 on the other side. Considering
the fact that UTF-8 is used all over the place in libxml2 it should have been
obvious really !
 And the problem that way too many developper don't understand Unicode,
code points, strings and encodings leading to troubles everywhere but
especially in web development is a fact. Maybe I'm rude but hopefully it
will open a few eyes. Sorry for the packaging, the content may still be
worthwhile.
 I have put that page as an obvious link "Encodings support" in the front
page (and in every other page on xmlsoft.org) for a reason, it's not
buried in the developper section. It was your second mail to the list
on the subject, did you really didn't find it, does the name need to be made
clearer ?
 No matter what I will get blames, until I'm really fed up ... bear with me
in the meantime :-(

Daniel