Re: [xml] transformation of any format in xml

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 07:32 -0700, Sema wrote:
Hi,

I know that we can use XSLT to transform a data flow from XML to any other
format. But how can I transform NON-XML to XML? XSLT does not function in
that case.

Your question is vague and ill-formed, without knowing what form the
source data is in how could one answer? However, the general answer is
you would create a new document with xmlDoc(), traverse your data and
add child nodes along the way with newChild(). When you are finished
with your traversal write your doc out with serialize(), then free the
doc dom tree you created. You'll have to decide in advance what the
structure will be for your tree, what's an element, what's an attribute,
etc. The traversal may most easily be done with a scripting language
such as python (I think perl has libxml2 bindings as well).
--
John Dennis <jdennis redhat com>