Re: [xml] xml element name question

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 08:45:30AM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
Could someone point me to a simple reference on XML element names?

I need to know if numerical tags are legal...

Something like this:

<1> ... </1>

ISTR reading somethere that they are not, but I need to be able to
confirm it.  I've tried to read the w3.org docs but they are far over my
head....

  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-Name

  Name     ::=          (Letter | '_' | ':') (NameChar)*

it is very clear that you cannot start with a number.
May I suggest to still try to understand those specs before trying to
make design based on them ? It may hurt a bit, but failing to understand
the spec and shipping a broken implementation or client hurts *a lot*.

Daniel