[xml] documents and end documents

I've got a program that just echoes out all the nodes it sees via xmlreader. I've noticed two funny things:

1. I never see a document node, node type 9. Should there be a document node somewhere?

2. There doesn't seem to be any option for an end document notification? How do I know when I've reached the end of the document? Especially, how do I tell the difference between this and a well-formedness error?

ïElliotte Rusty Harold  elharo metalab unc edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!