Re: [xml] xmlreader vs. XmlReader

Hello,

On 11/26/06, Elliotte Harold <elharo metalab unc edu> wrote:
I'm playing with the xmlreader library through the intermediary of PHP's
XmlReader class. Consequently I'm not sure how much of what I'm seeing
is PHP and how much is libxml. However, I think PHP is mostly just a
thin layer on top of libxml here. Is that correct? If I'm wrong about
that, please do let me know.

It is a thin layer (xmlwriter too). However some convenient features
exist to integrate it smoothly in PHP:
- php streams usage (support all protocols supported by php itself),
it is a common layer to all libxml based extensions
- convenient method to return a DOM node XMLReader::expand()

All the code is in cvs (cvs.php.net/php-src/xmlreader), if you like to
see how it works.

--Pierre