AW: [xml] libxml schema validation - conflict result on attributevalidation

Hi,

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Phuong Nguyen [mailto:shdwstar gmail com]

Hi Kasimier

Thank you for your response. I came to almost the conclusion after
playing with other combination. There are one point which I am still
not clear on

If i have an xml element such as
<someelement xmlns="www.somens.com" someattr="value">

Then the element is considered as qualified under the default ns, but
the attribute is not? It seems like the only way for me to get the
attribute to be qualified is to write it as

<someelement xmlns="www.somens.com" xmlns:prefix="www.somens.com"
prefix:someattr="value">

I made the assumption that everything under a global namespace
declaration is qualified for that namespace including attribute, is
this incorrect?

Yes, this is incorrect.
The default namespace does not apply to attributes:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#defaulting

[...]

Regards,

Kasimier