Re: [xml] xmlDocDumpMemory to my own buffer?

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:53:04PM -0800, Rick Jones wrote:

Is there a call akin to  xmlDocDumpMemory where I can supply the buffer?

  No, for the simple reason that we can't guess in advance how much
memory a document may take.

I was willing to take a guess and chance it failing :)

  Build your own I/O handlers and use a custom I/O dump.

Sigh. :)

So, I'd like to be able to provide the buffer into which the doc is dumped, so I can have libxml put the stuff after where the header would go and then I just ahve the one buffer.

  build you own I/O handler saving to that specific block.
    http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlsave.html#xmlSaveToIO

OK. For now that tells me to live with the copy :) But I may come back to it later.

thanks,

rick jones