Re: [xml] Howto statically link from a win32 client app

Coleman Brumley wrote:

I apologize if this as been gone over in some detail before.

I'm building a win32 application which uses libxml2. To simplify my application distribution, I'd like to statically link the libxml libraries and not require libxml2.dll et al be distributed.

I've tried #define LIBXML_STATIC in my client app, but it still tries to load libxml2.dll at startup. I didn't think it would be that simple. :-) I've also searched through the mail list archive and read the FAQ at and read
Do I need to recompile libxml2 from scratch for this to work?
Thanks in advance.
Make sure you link with libxml2_a.lib and NOT libxml2.lib