RE: [xml] xmlDocDump() generates output on one line

Also can I just use xmllint to get the indented output?

-----Original Message-----
From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Yong Chen (yongche)
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:00 PM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: [xml] xmlDocDump() generates output on one line

Hi,

In FAQ, it states xmlDocDump outputs to one line only (which
is true), the #1 suggestion is "to generate those yourself
too", can you please elaborate it?

Do you mean we should traverse the doc tree ourselves to
print out nodes with indentation, or we need to add space and
carriage return when creating the nodes so xmlDocDump will
print out the nodes nicely?

Thanks,
Yong Chen