Re: [xml] ISO 8601 date support?

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 03:56:56PM +0100, Erik F. Andersen wrote:
Hello all!

I need to convert a date to the format specified in http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime and I wonder if
there is a set of functions (in LibXML2) to do this?
  Note that it is a W3C NOTE, i.e. something without any authoritative
status, and issued without peer review or the usual W3C process. A NOTE from
9 years ago is unlikely to be a good place for advices, either it has been
picked up in a more recent spec or you should be very cautious about it.

The TZD (time zone designator) must be calculated with respect to daylight savings for the particular date
in the current time-zone (Denmark in my case).

I also need a function to do the opposite calculation.

I looked through LibXML but was unable to find such a function, but maby I missed something? I found some
date functions in LibEXSLT but nothing that fits my needs...

  the date and time support in libxml2 is really based on the need for the
support of XML Schemas part 2 Datatypes, if it doesn't intersect with
what you are looking for, then I don't think libxml2 should really be the
place to hold this kind of functions, it's really about XML (or it should).

Daniel