Re: [xml] HTML input element and IDness

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:02:00PM -0500, Rob Richards wrote:
I am not 100% sure of the correct behavior here as this is from a bug
report I received, but reading the CVS log for version 1.174 of valid.c
* valid.c: in HTML, a name in an input is not an ID
it looks like the behavior is wrong. It appears to never indicate an ID
if an input element is passed in regardless of the attribute name.

My eyes are a bit buggy from all the parenthesis, but I believe this
patch correctly fixes the behavior:
- if att name is "id" then its an ID
- if att name is "name" then its an ID if no element passed in or the
element name is not "input".

I don't know if an element is required here or not, but previously to
the change in 1.174 there was no element check so I am assuming it is
not required.

  Fine by me,

Daniel