Re: [xml] 2 patches for python type mapping

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:10:19AM +0100, Nic James Ferrier wrote:
Python type mapping is not complete (grrr!)

Here is the first patch which sorts out libxml2:
[...]

  Right make sense. It's a bit surprizing nobody raised that limitation
earlier (and sorry for taking so long to process it).

These patches improve it for my problem domain. I'll submit more
patches as I come to need the mappings /8->

  Okay, applied and commited ! Thanks !

I have a question about this code though: It's a bit wierd that the
method is duplicated. Would it not be sensible for libxslt to simply
call libxml2's implementation?

  In pure logic it's true, I remember I tried to share some of type conversion
initially, since the XSLt types are a superset of the XML/XPath ones. I
know we need more code on the xslt side, maybe it was incrementally added and
I didn't kept track. Sometime also it's about avoiding direct dependancies
between libxml2 and libxslt (especially when adding entry point).

Daniel