[xml] type of documents is a string??

Hi,

I'm resending this mail, as it seems that the mailing list has come back
to live (I can see the earlier post in the archive, but it never made it
back to me).

I'm using the python bindings of libxml2 2.6.26 and

doc=libxml2.parseFile('/home/andreas/temp/file1.xml')
print doc.type
document_xml

returns a string and not the expected value libxml2.XML_DOCUMENT_NODE.
Is that right? Am I doing something wrong?

Andreas

--
You will win success in whatever calling you adopt.