RE: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.6.26

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 5:49 PM
To: Buchcik, Kasimier
Cc: Martijn Faassen; xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.6.26

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 05:16:00PM +0200, Buchcik, Kasimier wrote:
Tip: Try to reuse the xmlXPathContext as much as possible;
Jerome Pesenti noticed that in Libxslt, massive
creation/freeing of this
context struct is a bottleneck during the compilation of
stylesheets.
That's why it is kept now for reusal on the compilation
context in the
refactored code of Libxslt.

  Well that wasn't a concern to me, in all cases I could find, the
time to compile the stylesheets where minimal compared to the actual
transforms, and for big stylesheets you should reuse them
when transforming
multiple small documents.
  Maybe DocBook/TEI like stylesheets are changing that balance.

Daniel

Yeah, the DocBook stylesheets are big and come with a vast amount of
XPath
expressions; it sums up.

For me, realizing this fact was a happy day; thinking that
it's just a tiny struct, I naively created/freed the XPath context for
every XPath expression-compilation and -evaluation in my Delphi wrapper.
Reusing the context, poured oil into the machinery.

Regards,

Kasimier