[xml] HTML-Parser Tutorial / Code

Hi everybody,

I want to use the libxml to parse HTML-Data (I want to do stuff like: converting a html file to plain text, extract the metatags from a html-file,...), but unfortunately i cannot find any useful start for doing/learning it. I read the xml-tutorial on the site but it doesn't help with the tons of methods i find in the HTML-Parser-API.
So do you know any introduction to the HTML-Parser-API ? Or do you have some code where you are doing similiar stuff like i want to do ? If so, you can send it directly to me.

Thanks so far
Daniel