[xml] Parsing problem

Hi,

I hope this it the right list for this type of cuestions.
Im writing a client/sever application and I have a problem I can't understand. The sever dumps a xml document using the folowing code:

xmlDocPtr     doc;
xmlChar     *text;
int         size;
xmlDocDumpMemory(doc, &text, &size);

this is then sent over a socket an is parsed by the client with the following conde:

char *str;
xmlDocPtr doc;
doc = xmlParseDoc((const xmlChar*)str);

when I run this I get the folowing error:

Entity: line 2: parser error : Specification mandate value for attribute node
<xmlSend><test node/></xmlSend>
                                        ^

Where the '^' is pointing to the  '/' in <test node/>.
I have tried to find out what the message means on the web site but with out any lyck.
What am I doing wrong? What do the error message mean?

/Ola