Re: [xml] schema: useful error infoemation?

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 03:36:54PM +0200, Stefan Weigert wrote:
  At the time of the validation, only the line number associated to node
are available, column informations can't be provided and probably don't
make a lot of sense.

Daniel

ok. you are right ;) but where do i get the line number from? there is nothing
said about it - neither in the doc nor in the tests...

the 1866 i mentioned was the return value of "xmlSchemaValidateDoc(...)" and
this cannot be the line number.

the (const char *msg) parameter of my error-function, set through
"xmlSchemaSetValidErrors(...)", doesn't seem to contain anything - at least i
can't print it using "printf("%s",msg)". the print-out is always "%s" which is
strange and makes me wonder if i use it right...

well. thanks for your response and patience (with me) in advance ;)

  Use structured error report, either per shemas or global as in my answer
to Ferry Huberts 5 minutes ago.

Daniel