Re: [xml] xmlreadfd and parse errors

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:37:33PM +0200, Ferry Huberts wrote:
Hi!

I'm using the xmlReadfd function and I would like to route the parse errors that
are reported on stderr into my application.

How can I do this?
I have not been able to find the function to use, all I could find is the function
xmlSetGenericErrorFunc but its description says that this will not work while
parsing!

   Hum, try to use the generic error handler anyway
   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlerror.html#xmlSetGenericErrorFunc

   if that fails try the structured error handling
   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlerror.html#xmlSetStructuredErrorFunc

But I think both are linked to the same error gathering entry point in the
library so contrary to what the description may led to think it will work.
The point is that you can override those default error reporting by using
per parsing context specific handlers, but IMHO with the structured error
handler it's probably better to keep one entry point (unless you are
writing a library in which case you should try to avoid the global setting).

Daniel