Re: [xml] Access violations with xmlDocDumpMemory

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Andreas Tscharner
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:49 AM
To: xml gnome org
Subject: [xml] Access violations with xmlDocDumpMemory

Hello World,

I'm creating a new document in the memory. The document is well formed
and if I save it to the file system using
xmlSave[Format]FileEnc, I get
the exspected result. The problem is that I need the document in a
string, so I thought to use one of xmlDocDump*Memory* family. The
document size does not matter, I tried from 4k to 2.5MiB...
But now I'm having a problem with xmlDocDumpMemory in all
flowers (e.g.
with or without *Format and *Enc). No matter which of these
functions I
call, I always get an access violation.
Are there any preconditions I need to fulfill to make it work?

I'm using the Windows version 2.6.24 from Igor (also tried
2.6.22+, but
the same results) with Delphi/Pascal bindings.

Any ideas?

I digged out some old and obsolete Delphi code which tried to
serialize the result of an XSLT transformation with
xmlDocDumpMemoryEnc(). Although the code is wrong - it
should use LibXSLT's serialization functions - it still might be
of some use for you.

Cheers,

Kasimier