Re: [xml] newTextReader's GetParserLineNumber is too keen??

Nigel Tao wrote:
I'm following the example at http://xmlsoft.org/xmlreader.html, and
have modified only processNode() to print reader.GetParserLineNumber()
so that I have

---------------------------
<snip>
---------------------------

The problem is that every node is reported to be on line 3, even
though some nodes are clearly on line 1, and others on line 2 (and
there is no line 3).

With a slightly longer .xml file, it looks like it reads ahead in
chunks: for a 72 line .xml file, reader.GetParserLineNumber() returns
a bunch of 25s, then 49s, then finally 73s.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  And if this is a bug,
can I get some hints as to what parts of the code to look to patch?

Thanks,
Nigel.

Not a bug, see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2005-January/msg00017.html (always a
good idea to do a search on xmlsoft.org before querying the mailing list
for a problem :-).

Bill