Re: [xml] support for xml schema in libxml2

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 11:42 +0200, Buchcik, Kasimier wrote:

I think we intend to implement the missing areas. PSVI is a different
story, which we need to consider well when implementing XPath 2.0
and XSLT 2.0 in the future, since PSVI will have to be a part of those
new technologies, and we don't mant to make API-related mistakes, before
we see the whole picture; and that should be when XSLT 2.0 & Co. become
a W3C recommendation.

The best time to look at XPath 2 and XSLT 2 is now: they are Canadiate
Recommendations, and if there are things that can't be implemented, we
want to know *before* they are final Recommendations.

Of course, we already have quite a few implementations of XPath 2 in
XQuery implementations, and the interoperability story there is pretty
good, it turns out, but even so I strongly encourage you not to wait.

Best,

Liam