Re: [xml] build with win32 host broken if --disable-shared is given

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 04:57:01PM +0100, Tim Van Holder wrote:
    *-*-mingw* | *-*-cygwin* | *-*-msvc* )
        # If the host is Windows, and shared libraries are disabled, we
        # need to add -DLIBXML_STATIC to CFLAGS in order for linking to
        # work properly (without it, xmlexports.h would force the use of
        # DLL imports, which obviously aren't present in a static
        # library).
        if test "x$enable_shared" = "xno"; then
            XML_CFLAGS="$XML_CFLAGS -DLIBXML_STATIC"
            CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DLIBXML_STATIC"
        fi
        ;;
esac

  I added this change to CVS since nobody objected.

On a related note (not included in the original bugzilla report),
on a windows target -lws2_32 is needed when linking but this library
specification does not make it into xml2-config.

  I added @WIN32_EXTRA_LIBADD@ to xml2-config.in too.

Daniel